This page contains the findings of systematic reviews undertaken by review groups linked to the EPPI Centre
This is a process by which individuals reflect upon and plan their own learning. One review described the known effects of PDP on student learning in higher and related education:
- PDP has a positive effect on students' learning, attainment and learning styles.
- There was insufficient evidence to conclude that PDP has a positive or negative effect on personal outcomes for learners.
- There was insufficient evidence to determine which of the different PDP approaches is more or less effective.
- The findings will also have implications for schools and further education colleges.
1. A systematic map and synthesis review of the effectiveness of personal development planning for improving student learning (2003)