A free one month trial of EPPI-Reviewer 4 is available.
Installing Microsoft Silverlight
To run EPPI-Reviewer you must install the free Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin. To do this you should go to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/ and follow the instructions on that page.
Silverlight installation issues
If you have installed Silverlight but you are still getting messages about installing it when trying to run EPPI-Reviewer it will often mean that Silverlight is not properly installed. In this situation please follow the instructions below very carefully:
- Go to the Get Silverlight page (http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/).
- Install Silverlight following the on-screen instructions.
- When you get an "Installation completed" message, shut down (quit) all your active browser sessions.
- On Mac computers, closing the visible windows is not enough, you will need to "Quit" Safari and/or Firefox.
- Note that Silverlight is not supported by Chrome on Mac platforms (Chrome works in Windows).
- If in doubt, once the installation is complete simply reboot your machine.
- Open a browser window and browse back to the Get Silverlight page.
- You should now see a "You are ready to use Microsoft Silverlight" message.
- If the message is not there please try installing again and this time make sure you reboot your machine after the installation completes.
- When the Get Silverlight page does show the "You are ready to use Microsoft Silverlight" message, EPPI-Reviewer 4 should work as well.
- Please browse back to EPPI-Reviewer and start working normally.
Creating a trial account
To create a trial account go to ACCOUNT MANAGER in the main menu to access to the EPPI-Reviewer 4 review and account manager.
On this page click on the New account button.
You should then enter your name, a user name, an email address and a password as described on the screen. The username must be unique and at least 4 characters long. The email address must also be unique as it is our method of communication with the user. The password must follow the conditions listed.
Now click on the Create button. The program will then send you an activation email to confirm your email address. In this email is a link that you must click on to activate your new user account. Once you have done this you will be able to log into EPPI-Reviewer 4 at http://eppi.ioe.ac.uk/eppireviewer4/.
When you create a trial account a small example review is also created under your name. You will see this review when you log into EPPI-Reviewer 4.
You are free to browse and edit this example review to explore many of the programs functions.
There is an instructional video on how to create a user account on our YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/eppireviewer4)
The only system requirements to run this program is that you must be connected to the internet and your computer will need to have the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in installed. This is a free program from Microsoft that can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/. If you can see the login page for EPPI-Reviewer 4, Silverlight is installed on your computer. This plug-in is available for both PCs and Macs.
If you wish to edit your account details, return to the ER 4 review and account manager and log in using your EPPI-Reviewer username and password. Once you have successfully logged in you will find yourself on the Summary page. On this page you will find details on your account and reviews and be able to edit those details.
Trial Account Conditions
Trial access gives the user access to EPPI-Reviewer 4 for one month. With a trial account the user is able to create an unlimited number of non-shareable reviews. A non-shareable review has only one user in it; the person who created the review.
Please note: if you wish to trial the software using a shareable review (i.e. a review with more than one user) please contact us at EPPIsupport@ioe.ac.uk. We will be able to make your review shareable.
Forum support is available to trial users, so please do ask if you have any questions. We will answer as quickly as we can, though we need to prioritise those with subscriptions. We will try to respond to questions within 2 working days.
At the end of one month your user account will expire and you will be restricted to read-only access to EPPI-Reviewer 4. You will still be able to log into the 'EPPI-Reviewer 4 account and review manager' if you wish to purchase further access.
You can regain full access to EPPI-Reviewer 4 at the end of your trial period by extending the expiry date. This will require purchasing further account access and further review access if you have a shareable review. Any work that was carried out during the trial period will still be available once further access is purchased. Full details on purchasing access and the fees can be found on the About our fees page.