The Trials Register of Promoting Health Interventions (TRoPHI) is unique in its focussed coverage of trials of interventions in health promotion and public health worldwide. It covers both randomised and non-randomised controlled trials and currently contains details of over 4,500 trials.
All reports of trials are assessed and systematically keyworded with generic keywords (e.g. country, health focus, population group, intervention characteristics (including setting, provider and type) and trial type (RCT or trial).
Recording your findings
- Searches can be carried out using keyword and free-text terms.
- Reports enable visual mapping and analysis of the search results.
- Help provides advice on using this database.
To record results of your searches, you can print out your searches or reports, or cut and paste the table into word processing software. Landscape format provides the best results.
How are the reviews identified?
The reports are identified in the following ways:
How current is the register?
- As a result of searches to identify studies for systematic reviews within the EPPI-Centre;
- Quarterly sensitive searches since August 2004;
- As the official register of the former Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health field, it contains the results of hand searching journals conducted by the Field.
TRoPHI is updated quarterly to keep it as current as possible.User consultation on the EPPI-Centre Health Promotion and Public Health Research Registers
We welcome any feedback on the utility and usability of TRoPHI. Please send any comments to EPPIAdmin@ioe.ac.uk